Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the creator.

Saturday 27 December 2014

Finished off an Alae of Republican Romans


I have completed the last handful of figures from the two half-boxes of Victrix Republican Romans. One command base of Romans and a unit of Velites in wolf-skin. I finished painting these a couple of weeks ago, but only completed the bases yesterday.

I have done a 50mm diameter command base with a Centurion, Signifer and musician.



Plus a unit of five Velites with wolf-skins to supplement the two units of Velites I already did.



James and I shared two boxes of the Victrix Republicn Romans taking half each from an armoured and un-armoured box. This has given me a good sized force of one Command stand, one unit of Triarii, two units of Principes, two units of Hastatii and three units of Velites.

Here is a shot of the completed force:


I should really do another box to complete the legion and then add some Equites, but I have a few other projects on the go at the moment so will not be rushing out to get any more.


No comments:

Post a Comment