Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the creator.

Sunday 27 May 2012

Partizan and more Caballeros

I spent yesterday in the sun on the back garden finishing off the paint job on another eight Caballeros. I spent so long out there I got sunburn on the back of my neck.


Here are the eight Caballeos:








Here are a few close ups.

Standard Bearer


Two Caballeros


Musician and Leader

Here is the whole lot so far, it's getting very close to 2000pts now.



I also cleaned up and did the cleaning up and 'green-stuffing' on the remainder of the El Cid models ready for a spray of primer.


Kelham Hall


Today Victoria (Mrs Scrivsland), Steve, Lesley and I went to Partizan at Kelham Hall, we had about an hour and a half mooching around the show. I failed with the 'no figure buying' and purchased another 30 Perry Miniatures First Crusades to use in the El Cid force:


So another thirty figures on the lead pile. Not much of a report on the event, there were the usual traders and some very nice demonstration games as usual. I think I spent more time catching up with old friends though.


After walking round the show, we had a picnic in the grounds of Kelham Hall, Victoria had prepared a great spread of home made pies, cakes and goodies, we also shared a bottle of Champagne.


Victoria had even bought some bunting. 


Really not sure why Steve has a napkin on his head.



Bit of an Arty Shot here - Victoria took this one. 

Back from Partizan I spent more time in the sun on the back garden cleaning up the new purchases, adding a bit of 'green stuff' and they have now had a spray of primer. There are rather more El Cid figures to do but it looks very much like an army now.












No comments:

Post a Comment